Friday, February 10, 2012

Some thoughts.

One that that has never ceased to bother me is when people sit around feeling sorry for themselves, especially when you have all the power to do something about it...It only takes 1 person and that person is YOU.
In my short 25 year lifespan I've dealt with abuse as a child and teenager (sexual, physical and emotional), a rather unstable upbringing and less then ideal situations for a child to be in. I've experienced heartache, I've laughed, I've cried, been lonely, bullied through-out school and was even homeless for a short while. I receive hateful weight related messages and emails on a regular base and had lived in 3 different countries before turning 22.

All these experiences have made me the person I am today. I am strong, confident and positive. I've never ever thought of myself as a victim of anything but as a survivor. I am not perfect but I am me, and that's perfectly okay. I work hard for everything I've got and don't let myself get affected by negativity. I choose not to surround myself by people who bring me down but by those who lift me up. Every day I put on my lipstick and I am ready to take on the world. My life was never 'glamorous' until I chose to make it so. Life has many loop holes and struggles, but it is within those struggles that you often find yourself. What you end up doing with it is up to you.

 But know that you deserve better....

No comments:

Post a Comment