Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Seattle

The other half and I took a day trip to Seattle (one of my favorite cities) for some *early* birthday celebrations and to see our buddies The Independents play at The Funhouse (by the way if you haven't heard of this band you should check them out, they are amazing)

The first thing we usually do when we hit Seattle is drive straight to Pike Place market to get a piroshky from the Piroshky Piroshky bakery. Then I head down to Nordstrom Rack to spend all my money on sunglasses and Betsey Johnson jewelry...*sigh*

We also decided to be cheesy and touristy and have dinner at The Crabpot, which was somewhat dissappointing as the service was awefull, noone smiled and everyone seemed grumpy and fed up of being there. Jerry (my husband) called the hostesses 'cranky crabs' on the way out:p

After dinner we headed to the venue for the gig and hung out with The Independents for a bit, as usual they put on a great show as well...
We drove home after the gig in the pouring rain and pitchblack darkness..It was quite cinematic, like our car should have broken down and us ending up with some serial killers. (a'la Texas Chainsaw or House of a 1000 Corpses)
But thanks to loud music keeping us awake we made it home at around 4.30 in the morning...















Our piroshky's














Mummies!!














The seafeast
































































Willy B (The Independents) and myself



















Evil (The Independents) and me















My favorite guys (me and my hubby with the guys from The Independents)

No comments:

Post a Comment